Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 7: Wikiwiki

Before this exercise, my familiarity with wikis was solely through my use of Wikipedia. Being a skeptic, I don't take everything to be the whole truth and nothing but the truth, however, it is very useful for finding out general information and it is on and will remain on my Del.icio.us site forever.
Today was the first time I have contributed to a wiki, the Learning 2.0 SandBox wiki . I must say it was a dreadfully straightfoward task. Yet I did find that the whole layout of the wiki rather like a messy desk used by many and tidied by few, and I imagine that the more people who contribute to a wiki, the more chaotic it must become. Perhaps wikis are better suited to very specific topics, to keep things easy to navigate minimize sprawl...

1 comment:

  1. Well done! Yes, sharing can have its frustrations, but also its advantages!

    ReplyDelete