Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Week 5: Library Thing Stuff

I set up an account and explored the Library Thing site. It was very easy to use. Books you load are matched with books in other members' libraries which could be good for social networking and getting recommendations.


The 'Gallery' function was nice, featuring the author portraits of books in your library. Author portraits happen to be a favourite of mine. Here's a good one: Banana Yoshimoto (pictured)


Unfortunately, I could not get the search widget to appear on my blog.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! And I added the Rollyo search box by following the helpful instruction on the Elgar blog. It looks very pretty but unfortunately it won't search. From the info on other colleagues blogs it looks as though it is a problem with the Rollyo site. I will try it again at a later date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, it's been a shame, and yes, if you go back to it later, I'm sure you'll find it useful.

    ReplyDelete